Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Austin Adventures (512) Brewing Co.

Hi Guys! Eep.. it's been too long since I had a chance to sit down and blog. Hope you had a wonderful holiday! With tons of family and food.
I miss you all! Between going out of town and Christmas festivities it's been insane over here.
Don't fret. I'm back. With so many stories to tell.
Austttiinnnnnnn, Texas how I love thee. I will live in thee soon. Now to
retell (part of) the adventures that we went on this weekend.

The one and only thing we had planned for the whole weekend was a brewery tour at (512) brewing co.

Not going to lie.. this was all for that amazing man of mine.
It's cool. We give, We get.
Plus, I ended up having the best time ever.




These taps were rad. rad. rad.
What came out of them.. even better.
I'm not a fancy beer drinker like Bob but I have been sampling his beers for quite a while.
This past weekend I got pints of my own.. and GASP, waddaya know? I kinda liked it.
I can't lie. He might be reading this.


That's what I was drinking all afternoon. Tripel. Delicious. 
Unfortunately this brewery rarely bottles. The owner kind of likes the environment and doesn't want waste. Yeah, what a concept, right? 
Another reason to love them! Also a reason to come to Austin and sample some of their stuff out.


Some of the random people waiting around for the tour. Being inside a brewery is always a treat.


This is just his casual face. NO biggie.
Warning: There's no pictures of me. Boo! I need to get better at being in front of the camera on these adventures as well.
Will totally do better next time. Promise.

These next couple of pictures show the fermentation tanks which is where the beer, which is called wort while undergoing fermentation, is kept. 
The giant metal things.. for anyone who is lost.
This is where they mix the grain, hops, and whatever else will be going into the beer.




Above you can see some of the many, many kegs laying around the place.
Before they can get into those kegs though, the beer needs to be made.. and needs to ferment.
They attach hoses to the tanks so that some of the gases from the fermenting process have ample room to escape the tanks. If they weren't there..it would be a HUGE mess.


Buckets of water are filled so they can see how aggressively it is fermenting at a certain period of time.
These two buckets were bubbling like crazy!


Barrels where some of the beer goes for secondary fermentation. Most of these, if not all, are whiskey barrels. Pretty cool stuff.

After the tour we got to just hang out and enjoy some good brews and make some new friends.

Two dudes from the brewery. Facing us (Hugh) Back to us (Phil).
They were super cool, chill dudes who just love beer.


My hand made an appearance!

When everyone leaves.. boys sit and laugh about beer..





Phil giving, and trying, a shot of barrel aged whiskey. Can't remember what it's called but this is the whiskey remnants that are extracted from the barrels they receive. They apparently have loads..



Hope you enjoyed the brewery tour. We sure did!
Murals coming tomorrow!

With all my love,

Pati


3 comments:

  1. This looks like an amazing time!! I looooove touring breweries. Sometimes, I get into trouble though because really fresh, dark beer can give me hives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...hives= no bueno. I can't wait to tour the next one in Austin. This is number two for us.

      Delete
  2. woah so cool! that tour looks awesome, I always love tours of local businesses I find it so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It totally makes my day a little better when you do!